How to book and other useful info
How To Book
Using the site
Remember: Our website has many features::
You can browse our cottages by name, or enter specific search criteria in our "Find your holiday cottge" search facility (top left of the page) no matter what page you are viewing.
You can refine that search on the results page by checking further search criteria to narrow down your selection. Like cottages with a fire, cottages within 5 mins of the beach.
You can add cottages you like the look of to "My Shortlist" and compare cottages. You can view a series of Testimonials from past visitors to help you choose the cottage that is right for you.
And, if you wish to, you can always telephone and speak to one of us if you can't find the information you need.
Booking online is easy.
On a cottage listing click the search availability tab, check if your chosen cottage is available, click the required date, and just follow the instructions on screen until you reach the confirmation screen and your booking has been made.
If at anytime you get stuck please telephone 01665 600850 during office hours (listed below), and we'll help you through the online process or, if you prefer, take your booking over the telephone.
If you make a booking online outside of office hours, you will receive an automated confirmation that your booking request has been received. This is not a confirmation of your booking, please wait to receive confirmation that your non-refundable deposit has been processed and that the booking has been confirmed on the system. This will usually happen on the next working day, usually by email. Please note that depending how you have set up your email system, our email back to you may be caught in your spam protection - please keep an eye on your spam/junk folder just incase our response ends up there.
Booking By Telephone
1. Browse the website and choose your favourite property, but have a couple in reserve incase you need to change your selection. Or if you requested a leaflet make your choice from these. Arrival days are usually Friday or Saturday for 7 night bookings, but with some properties at certain times of the year we may be able to be flexible. You will be quoted a price over the telephone, this will take account of any special offers or discounts available on a particular property at the time of booking.
2. Contact Us: One of our advisors will be delighted to help you. They visit all the properties personally and have excellent local knowledge.
Tel: 01665 600850
Office Opening hours:
Monday - Thursday 9am - 7pm, Friday & Saturday 9am-5.30pm Sundays and Bank Holidays 11am - 3.00pm
We have a 24 hour answerphone service in operation, please always leave a message and contact number and we will respond as soon as humanly possible. Note that on a Friday and Saturday in season sometimes our staff may be out of office attending to guests welcome, please be patient we will return your call.
We are closed: Bank Holiday Mondays, Christmas 25th & 26th December and New Year 1st January, but telephone messages & emails are monitored during these periods.
General Booking informaiton:
1.Provisional Requests: We can provisionally hold your chosen property, we will give you a reference number. Provisional requrests may be held for up to 48 hours and to confirm your booking we require a 20% non-refundable deposit (plus payment for any options & extras), or full payment if within 50 days of arrival date.
2. Payment: A 20% non-refundable deposit is required on booking, or full payment if the booking is made within 50 days of the arrival date.
You can pay by cheque made payable to Stay Northumbria Limited (our parent company), Credit & Debit card either online via our secure server, or over the telephone, we strongly advise not to email card details. A 3% surcharge charge on credit card payments will apply.
3. Acknowledgement Of Booking: When we receive an online booking which we confirm back to you, or if made by phone, your payment, a contract is formed upon issue of the booking confirmation and you should check our booking conditions carefully for details of cancellation and refunds.
4. Final Payment: Once you have paid in full (50 days before your holiday start date), we will send you your receipt, directions to the property, key arrangements, the name and telephone number of the person to contact should you encounter any problem during your stay and any additional instructions. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of final payment, please contact us immediately. Once again please check this paperwork very carefully including all the instructions and contact us immediately if you have any queries. If the property requires a bond the directions and key arrangements will only be released once the bond has been received.
5. Outstanding Balance: If the holiday balance is still outstanding 42 days before the start date of your holiday, we reserve the right a) where a card has been used to make the non-refundable deposit, to take the full balance from the same card or b) to cancel the holiday.
6. Holiday Insurance: We strongly urge you to ensure that you are properly covered whilst on holiday for Cancellation, personal accident, personal property and personal liability.
The following items will be found as standard in your holiday property.If any of the following items are missing, please contact us or the owner of the property.• Fire Blanket• First Aid Kit• Iron & Ironing Board• Toaster (may vary with Aga cooking)• Kettle• Teapot• Crockery, Cutlery & Glasses for number property accommodates• Egg Cups• 1-2 Mixing Bowls/Basins• 1-2 Vegetable Dishes• Butter Dish• Casserole Dish• Colander• Condiments Set• Bottle & Tin Opener• Cutlery Holder• Frying Pan• Kitchen Bin• General Selection of Kitchen Utensils• Measuring Jug• Milk Jug• Baking & Roasting Tin• Potato Peeler & Masher• Toast Rack• Water Jug• Tray• Saucepan & Lid (Small + Medium +• 1 or 2 additional large pans)• Sugar Basin• Place Mat per person or Table Cloth• Oven Cloth/Mitt• Bread/Chopping Board• Broom• Dustpan/Brush• Mirror• Washing Line & Pegs or Airer• Toilet Brush• Bath Mat• Duvets, 2 pillows per person, & Blankets• Towels (including tea towels)• Radio• Hairdryer• Cafetiere/s• Cleaning Products - product type may differ between properties• Washing up Liquid - product type may differ between properties• Dishwasher/Washing Powder- product type may differ between properties• Initial stock of Toilet Rolls• Vacuum Cleaner
Taxi Companies on the North Northumberland Coast