Terms & conditions
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
staynorthumbria.co.uk, northumberlandcottages.com, cottagesrightnow.com, thenorthumberlandholidaycottagecompany are all brand names & websites owned and run by Stay Northumbria Ltd. These terms and conditions apply to all of our brands and wherever Stay Northumbria Limited, SNL or "the Company" is mentioned in these terms and conditions, read as all or any of the aforementioned brand names.
The following are our general terms and conditions, some properties may have specific terms and conditions which will be noted on the individual listing or on their own website where available. Those which are common to all our properties are itemised below (exceptions are noted):
ACCESS TO THE PROPERTY
- There will be occasions when Stay Northumbria staff, owners or their contracted representatives/trades personnel, will require access to the property to carry out repairs, maintenance, photography, Visit Britain inspections etc. Wherever possible you will be advised as soon as the date and time of the access is known. A member of staff/owner will try to accompany people on their visits, however this may not always be possible. You are assured that particularly trades personnel are usually local, used regularly and personally known.
- A booking is only accepted as a contract once a cleared non-refundable deposit is received to the Company bank account. The contract is between the guest and the property owner. SNL act purely in the capacity as agent.
- Please check the tariff page of individual property to confirm deposit amount, in most cases this is 20% of the rental price.
- Most major credit/debit cards are accepted. Credit Card payments are subject to a 3% surcharge.
- Pay Pal is accepted for online bookings a surcharge of 3.4% is payable
- Personal cheques made payable only to "Stay Northumbria Limited" and no other brand or company name are only accepted when supported by a guarantee card covering the full amount payable.
- Company cheques are not accepted.
- Cash is accepted, delivered in person in line with payment terms.
- Full payment must be received at our office, 50 days prior to your arrival, or if you are booking within 50 days or your arrival date, full payment will be required on booking.
- Funds must clear prior to your arrival - if booking within 3 days you may be requested to pay by cash.
- Where no contact is made by the booker to pay the outstanding balance for a booking and the balance falls due, the company reserves the right to take full payment from the card which was used to make the deposit, and treat the booking as cancelled.
- Note that where a price is quoted per week this will normally be for 7 nights usually from a Friday or Saturday. If a booking is made for 7 nights commencing on another day, and straddles two price bands your booking may be calculated pro rata to the number of nights falling within each band on certain properties. Otherwise prices are calculated on the rate current on the start date of your holiday.
CANCELLATION & FEES
- Cancellations must be made in writing.
- A confirmed booking is a legally binding commitment, you are advised to take out the relevant insurances to cover cancellation, illness, and cover of your belongings.
- Cancellations made 49 days or more prior to arrival date - loss of non-refundable deposit & cost of any options & extras booked, cancellations made within 50 days or less from the date of arrival - no refund is payable, and any balance outstanding falls due in full.
- Should a re-let at the same rate be achieved, and soley at the discretion of the property owner, a refund payment may be considered (less the non-refundable deposit, options & extras and a £30 admin charge) Such refund will only be made once funds from the new booking clear SNL account, and is reliant on the original booking being paid in full to enable a refund to be applied.
CHANGES TO YOUR BOOKING
- If requested we can make changes to your holiday dates, in the same property, provided that your new dates are available, that you book for the same number of nights or more, and if the request is made more than 60 days prior to your original arrival date. There will be an admin. charge of £20 per change. No refund will be made where the value of the booking is less than the original.
- A change of Property to another Staynorthumbria property is only possible:-
- If funds have been handed over to the original property owner the original booking is treated as a cancellation and all cancellation terms and fees are met
- provided the alternative property is available,
- if no funds have reached the original property owner and the changes are made 60 days or more from the start of the original holiday dates, your non-refundable deposit and any other payment received, will be transferred to the new property.
- A fee of £35 is payable.
- In the event that Staynorthumbria have to make changes to a confirmed booking (ie. where a property becomes uninhabitable or requires major maintenance work), The owner & SNL will endeavour to make a suitable alternative booking at another property of the same or better standard.
- If it is not possible to find an alternative, the owner will refund all sums paid by you. This will wholly satisfy liability in such circumstances.
- ALL breakages must be paid for.
GOOD HOUSEKEEPING BOND
- Some of our properties require a good housekeeping bond to be lodged before arrival. See details below.
- Where a bond is required it should be submitted when your balance is paid, preferably in the form of lodging a credit/debit card detail this card will be pre-authorised for the duration of your stay, similar process to swiping a card at a hotel, pre-authorisation will occur a day or so before your arrival, and subject to these terms and conditions will be removed within 7 days of your departure.
- Alternatively, please ring us to arrange for a cheque to be lodged as your bond (dated no more than 6 months prior to your departure date) and this should be submitted at the time you pay your balance, or on booking if this is within 50 days of arrival.
- Any breakages/damages will be deducted from this bond, where breakages/damages exceed the bond amount, the owner will make an insurance claim. Should the insurance claim be unsuccessful the remainder will be deducted from the credit/debit card on which the balance was paid, or where the bond is a cheque it will be invoiced to you for payment by return,.
- Where no liabilities are incurred, your pre-authorisation will be released or if lodged by cheque this will be returned in full 14 days after your departure.
- As a guide the following list is supplied but over time this may be updated and this list cannot be taken as definitive. Please check individual property’s listing or contact us for confirmation.
- A good housekeeping bond must be received where required to enable occupation of the property. Failure to comply will negate the booking contract and you will be refused admission to the property. Consequently directions to the property and key collection details are only released on receipt of the bond details.
CHECK IN / DEPARTURE
- Properties are available to check in from 4 pm : Check out time before 10.00am.
- The property will be left clean, well equipped and tidy for you. To allow us to do this we request that you do not access the property before 4pm, (or the notified time), although you may of course park your vehicle and explore the area until that time.
- Baggage should not be left in the property until arrival time, as it can hinder the cleaning & preparation process.
- We will do our best to accommodate early arrival and late departure requests, however they will not be available on changeover days, tho they may be available where the property has been vacated the previous day or is not to be occupied until the day following a departure, but such requests must be made by prior arrangement, and should definitely not be expected upon just turning up, cleaning staff are requested to politely ask you to return at the correct checking in time to enable the property to be thoroughly ready to our required standards for occupation. A charge of £25 will be implemented where early arrival or late departure is requested.
CHILDREN & PETS
- Children are accepted in all of our properties, however there may be a lower age limit for children in some properties.
- Pets are welcome in many of our properties a maximum of 1 or 2 pets is usual check the property web entry, but some properties may take more by arrangement, please check the individual property’s web pages/particulars for details. See also the Pets section in these conditions
- Where grounds are fenced/walled we cannot guarantee them escape proof for either pets or children.
- You are requested to hoover the property throughout and where applicable mop stone, slate and flag floors before departure.
- Please do not mop wooden floors, but ensure they have been swept clean.
- Stay Northumbria Ltd and its staff work hard to impress on owners and their managers/caretakers that properties are suitably cleaned and made ready for you to enjoy your holiday.
- Any difficulties you have during your stay must be reported straight away to the contact designated within your property, this may Stay Northumbria, the owner or a caretaker, so that your reasonable holiday expectations may be met. This is the quickest way of resolving problems that might occur. Problems of a transient nature should be raised straight away as they cannot be rectified after your holiday.
- Complaints of a more significant nature must be made to us in writing within 7 days of your departure. We do not have to look at complaints received after this limit.
- Your contract is between the Lead name on the booking and the owner of the property, Stay Northumbria Limited act solely as an agent.
- When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent by post or email and on clearance of your non-refundable deposit or full payment if booking within 50 days of arrival.
- Bookings made by telephone will be confirmed by email or, if no email is provided, in writing by post.
- Where a booking is made within 7 days of arrival an email confirmation will be sent asking for a reply back by email confirming your acceptance of the terms and conditions and booking details. This will be acceptable in place of the normal written signed confirmation, usually required where there is a longer lead time from booking to arrival, but we would expect the a hard copy of the acceptance to be provided on your arrival.
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Staynorthumbria control all personal data provided to us from customers and prospective customers by telephone, mail, and email. Online bookings are held on a third party data compliant server. The company will collect certain personal details from you including your name and address and credit/debit card details.
- Credit & Debit Card transactions are handled by Sage Pay and these details are not stored on our company computer system. The booking system and payment system are both PCI vetted.
- For your holiday to be provided, the company may need to pass on your personal details to property owners, Caretakers, housekeepers and organisations who provide an element of the holiday including, where applicable, the insurance company, your credit/debit card company or bank.
- The company would like to store and use your personal details for its own future marketing purposes. This would cover sending marketing material and details of promotions to you. We do not sell or pass on our customer records.
- Stay Northumbria Limited may from time to time make contact with you by E-mail, post, or telephone for the purposes set out in this clause for a period of 5 years after the end date of the holiday rental. If you do not wish to receive any or all of the communications set out in this clause, please let us know by letter or e-mail. The company is entitled to assume that you do not object to being communicated with unless it receives notice.
- Except where expressly permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998, the company will only deal with the personal details you give as set out above. The company has appropriate security measures in place to protect this information and is fully PCI Compliant.
- Compensation payments will not apply where we cannot fulfil our obligations to our customer due to circumstances beyond our control. This would mean any event we cannot foresee with all due care, eg riots, war or threat of war, terrorist activity, civil strife, natural or nuclear disaster, industrial dispute, adverse weather conditions, fire epidemic or health risk and similar factors beyond our control.
GENERAL CONDITIONS / HOUSEKEEPING
- The property will be left clean, well equipped as described, and tidy for you. To allow us to do this we request that you do not access the property before 4pm, (or the notified time), although you may of course park your vehicle and explore the area until that time. Baggage should not be left in the property as it can hinder the cleaning & preparation process.
- A charge of £25 will be implemented where early arrival or late departure is requested, we will do our best to accommodate such requests by prior arrangement but this cannot be guaranteed and should definitely not be expected upon just turning up.
- Should you discover on arrival any item is broken or not functioning you are requested to inform your property contact immediately, contact telephone numbers and hours are displayed in all cottages. In some properties you may be required to contact an owner or a caretaker.
- TV’s are checked between lets and there are instructions or hand books for other electrical appliances in the property.
- We'd prefer to get any problem sorted for you during your stay, so please don’t just leave a note on your departure day, as we/owners/caretakers may not then have time to rectify a problem for the following guests.
- You are required to leave the property as you found it. A charge will be made where extra cleaning is required to ready the property for incoming guests, this particularly applies to pungent smells i.e. Wet/smelly dog, kippers, curry etc.
- Whilst Stay Northumbria Ltd clean the properties they own with eco-friendly products, it cannot be guaranteed that other products haven’t been used by guests. In non-managed properties whilst it is advised that eco-friendly products are used Stay Northumbria take no responsibility for the products that owners and their cleaning staff use. Stay Northumbria Ltd therefore stand no liability as regards allergies and other possible complaints arising.
- We urge you to check the property prior to your departure. The only items which we will notify to departed guests are those of a medical nature incl. prescription glasses and hearing aids. Other Items left in properties will not be notified and only returned on request. You will be required to verbally identify the item to our satisfaction before return. Full postage & packaging /carrier charge will be made to you with a minimum charge of £10 applying to any returned item.
- Items not claimed within 30 days of departure will be disposed of via a local charity outlet.
- In consideration of local residents and other guests particularly in courtyard environments, please keep outside noise to a minimum before 8am and after 11pm especially when leaving or returning to the property.
- At Hastings House the Hot Tub must not be used between 9pm and 9am.
- Vehicles are left at owners risk, each property has allocated car parking space as detailed in the individual property's particulars. Most properties, do not have facilities for parking of inflatables, mobile homes, caravans and other “secondary” vehicles. Although limited offsite facilities may be offered, subject to availability.
- Exceptions: Parking at No. 1 Sunnieside Square, Seahouses is not specifically designated.
- The booking is strictly restricted to the people named on the booking form unless agreed in writing with the owners. At no time should the overnight occupancy exceed the numbers stated in the property’s details.
- Should you invite guests to the property to visit during your stay, the owners and management accept no liability for them, their belongings or vehicles.
- Where well behaved pets are welcome, as detailed on a property's website entry, a charge per pet per stay of £20 applies. Pets are free of charge at The Bothy Beadnell. First dog is free at Hastings Cottage and Commodore
- Pets must not be left in the property unaccompanied, unless crated. Persistent barkers will be asked to accompany their owners.
- Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds, in some properties they are not allowed upstairs at all.
- Strict pick up policies apply within property grounds and surrounds.
- Pets must be on lead/long line at all times in the grounds of un-enclosed properties: Cliff House Cottages, Beadnell House & Court, Chesterdene, Kipper Cottage
- Wet pets must be cleaned off and towel dried before entering the property.
- Pets are not accepted at Railston Cottage; 179 Main Street; The Penthouse Beadnell; Clamshell; Powder House; The Vicarage; Seafield Apartments; Ryecroft Cottage; Spindleston Grain Rooms, Gearings & Loft; Coble Cottage;
- This list is subject to change please check the property’s website or ask us for confirmation.
- All of the properties are fully non-smoking.
SPECIAL PRICES & DISCOUNTS
- Only one special price, discount, occupancy rate or offer will apply per booking, where a number of offers are available the most advantageous price will be shown.
- *Low occupancy discount restrictions will apply : occupancy by up to 2 person (only the master bedroom will be made up) occupancy by up to 4 persons (2 bedrooms - the master and one other pre-designated room will be made up).
- Promotional vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Stay Northumbria Limited Gift Vouchers may be used in conjunction with offers.
- Some promotions/offers may apply to participating properties only, and not our whole portfolio.
- Special offers, discounts etc apply to new bookings only and cannot be retrospectively applied to existing bookings.
- Stay Northumbria reserve the right to withdraw an offer/discount/promotion at any time.
TRAVEL / CANCELLATION INSURANCE
- We do not provide travel/cancellation insurance ourselves however work with www.guestfirst.co.uk, and JL Morris, www.jlmorris.co.uk ,who can provide this service to you direct, please visit their websites for details and quote “Westfield Farmhouse” when arranging your cover.
TERMINATION OF BOOKING
- The management reserve the right to terminate a booking where a condition has been broken, or behaviour affecting other guests or neighbours is unacceptable.
TO MAKE A BOOKING
- Check on-line that your chosen property is available by visiting our website and linking to the on-line availability calendars and selecting the property from the drop down menu or telephone us on 01665 721380, or complete an enquiry form, or email us at [email protected] identifying the property you are interested in and the dates you require.
- Once you have ascertained that your preferred dates are available, you may book on line, or telephone us on 01665 721380 to make a deposit payment to secure your booking.
- Note that some booking configurations i.e. short breaks starting on dates other than those on the calendar, or booking two properties together i.e. Beadnell Apartments or Cliff House Cottages cannot be booked on line and should be carried out over the telephone 01665 721380
- Is included in the price quoted at the current rate, currently 20%. VAT is chargeable at the rate current on the payment due date. Where bookings are made and subsequently the VAT rate increases, the appropriate increase will be made to the balance of monies owed on or after the date of change.
- By continuing with an online booking, and/or signing the completed booking summary form you agree to these terms and conditions and those on the individual properties' web site/listing.